[Discuss] Help with mailing list

Dale R. Worley worley at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 17 15:26:46 EST 2023

> From: Ben Kallus <benjamin.p.kallus.gr at dartmouth.edu>
> To: dlslug-discuss at lists.dlslug.org, BLU Discuss
> 	<discuss at lists.blu.org>
>
> Can anyone help out Prof. Wagon with his mathematical mailing list?
>
> Thanks!
> Ben

> (about 1000 addresses), add and subtract subscribers, and send out and
> archive message which might include graphics. Do any of you have any ideas
> on this? Might any of you be willing to handle the setup of such a thing
> (for a fee)? If I cannot find such a solution, I will resort to just
> posting the problems and solutions at stanwagon.com, and you will have to
> check the appropriate spot there from time to time. I do find it more
> convenient to send these out by mail, and there must be a reasonable way to
> handle such a mailing list.

A lot of open-source projects use "mailman" as a mailing-list system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Mailman
I expect that any good CS undergraduate could set it up at a modest
price.

There is one commercial mass-mailing software service that I've seen
enough messges from that I remember its name:  "Constant Contact".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constant_Contact I expect there are a
zillion others.

Dale