[Discuss] Lichee Pocket 4A

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 18:17:10 EST 2023

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:48:09 -0500
Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:

> I came across this, and I thought it was interesting:
>
>   https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/risc-v-handheld-gaming-system-announced-linux-as-the-basis-for-a-retro-gaming-platform

Amusing that the image credit isn't retro-gaming at all. It's Genshin
Impact. So, if that image isn't a mock-up then what they're showing
here is their system running Android with an ARM emulator. That is,
they're selling a hardware version of Bluestacks or Nox Player.

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of RISC-V. But if what they're
selling is supposed to run console and arcade board emulators inside an
ARM emulator? It's going to be a miserable experience.

--