[Discuss] Lichee Pocket 4A

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Fri Dec 22 16:48:09 EST 2023

I came across this, and I thought it was interesting:

  https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/risc-v-handheld-gaming-system-announced-linux-as-the-basis-for-a-retro-gaming-platform

The Lichee (which I've just confirmed is an alternate spelling of
lychee, the asian fruit) is a hand-held gaming console that runs Linux
(not the first), and is based on RISC-V (it IS the first).

I vaguely recall ages ago, in my architecture class, learning machine
language for the ancient MIPS processor (using the SPIM simulator),
which is very similar to RISC-V, and not entirely hating it. =8^)

Happy holidays, BLU!

-=-=-=-=-