[Discuss] Some very quietly announced Ubuntu news regarding Snap packages.

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:06:03 EST 2023

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:35:55 -0500
Daniel M Gessel <daniel at syntheticblue.com> wrote:

> I chose to switch from Ubuntu because of Snap and now use Debian 12
> (Bookworm) with Sway WM for Wayland. It's pretty much my dream
> config! If I had stuck it out longer, I would definitely be switching
> from 23.10...

I use and admin Ubuntu out of necessity, not by choice.

My Windows 10 machines are going to be rebuilt with openSUSE Tumbleweed
early next year.

My home server will remain vanilla Debian for the foreseeable future.
There are two Ubuntu 22.04 VMs on it running Nextcloud and FoundryVTT
respectively. VMs because isolation of network facing stuff and having
discrete, static IP addresses makes routing simpler. Ubuntu because
getting them working was easier than Debian. I likely will rebuild them
with Tumbleweed next year after the Great Windows Migration.

--