[Discuss] VGA to DVI-D

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:04:12 EDT 2023

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023, 13:43 Ben Kallus <benjamin.p.kallus.gr at dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> I ended up buying this [1] for $51, and adapting the output HDMI to DVI
> with another adapter I had lying around.
>
> And it works! No noise at all, either.

Pleasantly surprised - stacking adapters only works sometimes.
Given the hi res you quoted, I would not have been optimistic stacking
random adapters from my stash to achieve
VGA ➡️ HDMI ➡️ DVI-D
At default res, maybe!

Probably cost more than the value of the monitor, but I am very happy with
> the result.

Since the equipment has sentimental value for you, the latter is the
important factor.
Glad for a happy ending.

Bill