[Discuss] GNU 40 in Boston on October 1

Devin Ulibarri devinu at fsf.org
Fri Aug 11 10:27:40 EDT 2023

Hi,

This year marks the 40th anniversary of the GNU operating system, and
there will be celebrations and events! In Switzerland, there will be
events on September 27. Read more at <https://www.gnu.org/gnu40/>

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is planning on doing something for
those who can't fly to Switzerland for the GNU 40th celebration. We are
thinking of organizing a hack day for families and people who want to
learn the basics of hacking in Boston on the weekend of October 1.

Some of the events that we are considering are "music and programming
with Music Blocks" for kids and families and "command line basics" for
beginner hackers. Overall, we were thinking of keeping things on the
beginner to intermediate side to bring in some new faces.

If you are interested in proposing something for the day, please let me
know and I'll relay it to the rest of the team. We'd love to have
involvement from various local groups.

Best,
Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

GPG Key: 2E0E CE75 F816 2B40 7D66 6767 8797 38E6 D644 0D57
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.