[Discuss] new printer installation

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:58:01 EDT 2022

I'm not sure what the problem is. I just checked hplip on my system and it
is fine. However, I do get a popup for Thunderbird with "force quit" and
"wait" buttons occasionally.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 6:31 PM dan moylan <jdm at moylan.us> wrote:

> running fc36 on lenevo t460
>
> attempting to set up HPDeskjet2700 printer.
>
> installed HP Smart app on android phone and went through set-up
> procedure, successfully printed from tablet.
>
> got the ip of the new printer from the xfinity modem/router,
> 10.0.0.91 and using hplip went to manual discovery, which found
>
> HP0A85DE
> HPDeskjet2700Series
> 10.0.0.91
> hp:/net/Desk_Jet_2700_series?ip=10.0.0.91
>
> and from the driver plugin installer window NEXT i get a
> pop-up saying "python 3" is not responding
>
> where does one go from there?
>
> ole dan
>
> j. daniel moylan
> 84 harvard ave
> brookline, ma 02446-6202
> 617-777-0207 (cel)
> jdm at moylan.us
> www.moylan.us
> [BLM]

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7