[Discuss] Music Server/Player

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Tue Nov 1 17:54:32 EDT 2022

I've used slimserver for ~20 years:

  https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver

It was originally created for Slim Devices MP3 hardware, but you can
run software clients like Squeezeplay:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezeplay/

Advantages of slimserver:

- It has a rich ecosystem of third-party plugins
- It's old and stable
- It installs pretty easily as a service
- It's still being developed
- It integrates with music services like Spotify
- It has a simple command-line API for scripting

Have fun.