[Discuss] Micmac's

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Sun May 1 15:24:22 EDT 2022

gregory writes:

> On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 08:25:47AM -0400, dan moylan wrote:
> > it's music, generated by a c program i wrote some years ago.

> aha - so it looks like it's using vector graphics in
> postscript?

> thanks for the files, they're helpful: it looks like the
> conversions were all done with a low conversion resolution,
> which is why they look bad.  using something like -density
> 600 might give acceptable resolution (600dpi).

nope, tried that, no better, though the gif went from 32 to
554 kB.  belay that -- voila!  i just tried it with jpg and
it looks great -- problem solved -- tnx.

> but if you don't need a raster image out (e.g. pnm, gif,
> jpg), you might have better results with pdf, which can
> represent vector graphics.  'ps2pdf struberev.ps' gives the
> attached output.

actually, i do use ps2pdf to produce the pdfs on my website
(fifeanddrum.biz) and that works fine.  it's just that the
app on my amazon firestick (silk) seems not able to handle
pdfs, so i can't see the music on the "big screen".

tnx again,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave