[Discuss] ZFS on Raspberry Pi?

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Fri Jul 29 13:31:59 EDT 2022

I'm going to let you in on a trick I do all the time for quick and dirty
VMs, ready....

touch vmimage.raw
truncate -s 32G

ls -l vmimage.raw
-rw-rw-r-- 1 markw markw 34359738368 Jul 29 13:29 vmimage.raw

Then use that as storage for the VM. It is a thin provisioned raw image.

Or, if you have ZFS create a ZVOL.