[Discuss] vlans and arp

Matthew Gillen me at mattgillen.net
Fri Jul 1 22:26:52 EDT 2022

I think I'm convinced it's a hardware problem with the ethernet port on
serv2 (the NUC box).  Manually forcing the arp entries on both sides
didn't fix it, so it wasn't just an arp problem.

Reconfiguring all the vlans to use the other physical interface on the
NUC (eno1) makes everything work.

I had noticed that the (suspected) bad port on the NUC wouldn't
negotiate a 1Gbps speed with the Netgear, but when I forced it to
100Mbps the link would show as 'up'.  I guess that failure to auto
negotiate was probably indicative of a bigger problem.

Ugh.