[Discuss] bluetooth

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Thu Jan 27 16:07:12 EST 2022

dan moylan wrote:

> dan ritter wrote:
> > dan moylan wrote:
> > >
> > > i've been using an Esinkin BT bluetooth adapter to connect
> > > audio from my laptop to an adjacent audio system, and it
> > > doesn't work very well.  the connection keeps dropping out,
> > > and requires me to push a button on the adapter to
> > > reconnect.
> > >
> > > could someone suggest a better adapter?
>
> > Does it have to be bluetooth?
>
> nope, just need something reliable and painless.

https://www.newegg.com/creative-sound-blaster-play-3/p/N82E16829102100
Name brand, $27.

Add a 1/8" stereo to stereo RCA cable long enough to be
convenient:

https://www.newegg.com/p/1BJ-008E-00010
(10 ft, $14)

Assuming the audio system has RCA inputs. It might have an 1/8"
stereo jack, in which case

https://www.newegg.com/p/1BJ-008E-00002
get one of those, instead.

Wires have excellent fidelity and are very resistant to external
interference, unless you have a hamster.

-dsr-