[Discuss] Fwd: Old computers...

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:01:28 EST 2022

Model II with EGM ? That's almost as rare as Model IV, perhaps rarer with
EGM !!

> I'm hoping that someone on this list will have some suggestions on a
> good home for vintage hardware mentioned below.   If the Boston
> Computer Museum was still around, they would have been my first idea.

Well computerhistory.org  are still around, for very large values of
"around"; they've just rebranded and relocated a couple timezones west.
Shipping to their Sili Valley location isn't cheap, but isn't prohibitive
for sufficiently rare desktop items.
But as to the real question, what's within reasonable driving range --
There's a Rhode Island Computer Museum (ricomputermuseum.org
<https://www.ricomputermuseum.org>,  Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode_Island_Computer_Museum>) that might be
interested?

Other resources for this quest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_museums
https://vcfed.org/vcf-museum/  (New Jersey)

(If anything is embedded in a typesetting system, Museum of Printing,
Haverhill is an option.)

// Bill