[Discuss] rsync issue

jc at trillian.mit.edu jc at trillian.mit.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:34:44 EST 2022

Hi, folks.  My home linux server has been  acting  up,  and
after  14  years,  it may not be long for this world.  So I
thought  I'd  ask  y'all  what  you  might  suggest  as   a
replacement.

I got the current one from the PCs For Everyone people, who
aren't  in  business  any  more.  Their "farewell" web site
suggests people go to thinkmake.com.   But  you  may  think
otherwise.  Buying locally has its benefits, though I don't
think I ever actually needed them for anything after taking
the old one home.

Shelley has been getting into IoT lately, so it'd  be  good
to  find  one that's good at talking via wifi to a flock of
little gadgets.  I've mostly stuck with web-site stuff, and
keeping a good wired connection has been useful at times.

But let me know your thoughts ...

   _'
 <:#/>  John Chambers
   +   <jc at trillian.mit.edu>