[Discuss] Saturday's bbq

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:02:55 EDT 2022

We canceled July 23 because the forecast was 97 degrees, which is
dangerously close body temperature.

According to accuweather.com, as I type this, the forecast for Waltham on
Saturday is 89 degrees.  At what temperature forecast should we cancel?

This page at healthline.com

    https://www.healthline.com/health/extreme-temperature-safety

suggests the "apparent temperature" of 82 degrees as an upper limit, then
points out that at an actual temperature of 82 degrees, zero humidity would
make the apparent temperature 78 degrees, and 80 percent humidity would
make the apparent temperature 97 degrees.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6