[Discuss] html issue

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Tue Apr 5 18:04:43 EDT 2022

rich pieri wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 15:41:21 -0400
> dan moylan <jdm at moylan.us> wrote:

> > xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
> > xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"> <head>

> When I create a simple file and load it with file:/// in Firefox's
> address bar it loads that file. And when I create a simple html file
> with the same file:/// URL in a href tag it loads that file.

> From what I can see here your html file has no content: the <head>
> section has no </head> closure, there is no <body> section. I'm not
> surprised it isn't working.

sorry, my bad -- i didn't succeed in attaching it fully.
here's a simpler (and shorter one fully attached); again,
when i put this in the firefox address bar it loads the
file.

  file:///home/moylan/msg/htm/wlc.htm

but this link doesn't.

is there something obvious i'm screwing up?

ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave
brookline, ma 02446-6202