[Discuss] Mail screwed the pooch

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:48:18 EDT 2016

On 4/2/2016 8:01 PM, David Kramer wrote:
> I just looked up the Google SMTP, and that's a nice option, except
> for the fact that they change the From address to the Gmail address
> you use for authentication, which will be confusing for the
> recipient.

Then let's get clever: get your Linode server working as I previously
described and then configure your home MTA to use it as its smarthost.
This should get your mail moving without headers being rewritten and
without waiting for DNS changes to propagate. You need to add your
public facing home IP address to Postfix's mynetworks list and you will
need to update it manually when it changes.

--
Rich P.