[Discuss] Relevance of PGP?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:14:21 EDT 2011

On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Doug wrote:

> This makes some sense to me: lawyers, guns and money people should be
> using encryption. How do you get the key from them? I doubt they
> attend the BLU meeting :-)

This is exactly what Alex is on about.  We, in general, see strong encryption as something for a select few purposes rather than something for all purposes.  Using strong crypto has been given the stigma of being a necessary evil -- something used by criminals and terrorists, and oh! incidentally our on-line shopping -- when it is really a fundamental right (cf. Amendment IV and Amendment V).

--Rich P.