[Discuss] need to set up fax-mail system

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Fri Aug 26 23:46:09 EDT 2011

Jeff,

At my wifes office (central office for the company), they have an IP phone
system.  If you call any private extension and send a fax to it, it saves
the fax as a PDF, and emails that to the email address of the extension
holder.

Personally I use eFax (a free service, it prepends an ad on the front of any
fax I receive), but it works and it is the right price.  It seems to be
fairly secure).

When working for a bank, we sent out lots of faxes from the wire transfer
dept (to acknowledge a money transfer being sent).

I might suggest looking into setting up a HylaFax server (
http://www.hylafax.org ).  If you look into Asterisk, you might be able to
merge the functions (my knowledge of Asterisk is limited).

Just a thought.