What to do with used server room gear

Matt Shields matt-urrlRJtNKRMsHrnhXWJB8w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 30 13:02:31 EDT 2009

My company is looking to get rid of some of it's older servers and other
network and phone gear.  I've tried Craiglist and I don't have time to
bicker over prices and deal with people not showing up. I don't want to deal
with eBay because of having to do shipping and the whole auction process.
I've talked to liquidators and they either don't want to deal with me
because I don't have a lot, or the ones that do are offering me pennies on
the dollar for my equipment.

So, what do other people do when selling old or unused gear?

Note: When I say old, some of it is just a year or two old, some of it could
be up to 5 years old.

-matt
http://www.sysadminvalley.com
http://www.beantownhost.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboston
James Thurber<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/james_thurber.html>
- "Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand
more."