Is there any interest in an SELinux presentation?

Steve Seremeth blu_discuss at seremeth.com
Thu May 12 09:39:15 EDT 2005

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> I did one for the Worcester LUG and would be happy to do one at one of
> your meetings.

I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.  I have fumbled with it a
couple times, usually ending in my disabling it when the default
policies get in my way.  One issue I had involved writing to a windows
share via a samba mount.  Others have included accessing directories
outside of their normal places with Apache (including the smb mount, now
that I am remembering).

I'd like to enforce it at my office, but without having a very clearcut
way of knowing how it's going to effect us and how to maintain and
control it on many servers without a lot of hands on, I have been
reluctant to do so.

Steve