messed up signatures in fedora updates

Matthew Valites mvalites at banta-im.com
Wed Nov 19 16:23:13 EST 2003

>I've gotten a couple of errors when running up2date in trying to
>update my fedora core. The message is that the pgp (or gpg)
>signatures are messed up. Anyone know anything about this?

You can turn off the use of GPG signatures in up2date.  On a RH9 box,
run up2date --configure and select option 29:

29. useGPG             No

I'm sure this is fairly close to the Fedora release.  If you're using
yum at some point, this setting is taken care of in the yum.conf file.

If you really want to use them, then I'd suggest checking your
up2date-keyring, specified via the gpgKeyRing in up2date located in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/.

~Matt