Remote Monitoring

Chris Janicki Janicki at ia-inc.com
Tue Jul 31 14:37:24 EDT 2001

Our company produces a fault management system that specializes in remote
notification.  It doesn't have an SNMP/IP polling front end... it relies
on hardware, customer scripts, or other software apps (like those
mentioned already) to generate text messages which our programmable rule
tree interprets, parses, thresholds, generates/clears alerts, etc.  It
then can page based on alert, duty schedules, etc.

The two products mentioned so far look good for detecting host problems,
but our product (Augur) might be a useful add-on for its paging
capabilities and maybe for its rule tree and front-end too.

We normally sell expensive licenses to big telco companies, but we're
always interested in integration possibilities, so we might be able to
give you freebie licenses if you wanted to integrate to another product
and tell us how it goes.  We could probably do most of the configuration
too if you provide the expertise/documentation for the SNMP/IP product
you choose.  Let me know.

More Augur info:  http://ia-inc.com/augur/augurSE.jsp

Chris
Lead Developer