question about gcc

Jerry Clabaugh jerryc at world.std.com
Sun Oct 24 13:23:18 EDT 1999

I had a surprisingly Windows-like experience with Linux:  I installed
LessTiff (a free Motif-like clone) on my box, and gcc started
misbehaving.
I don't know for sure that LessTiff did it, but here's the problem:

When I compile something with the -v option, a list of the default
include directories is shown, and somehow /usr/local/include got
moved ahead of /usr/include.   How is this set/how can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Jerry

-