upgrade to 1.16r4

Justin Kuo kuo at world.std.com
Sat Oct 23 11:29:47 EDT 1999

What do I need to do to upgrade to linuxconf 1.16r4?

I downloaded the two new linuxconf files:

  linuxconf-1.16r4-1.i386.rpm
  linuxconf-lib-1.16r4-1.i386.rpm

then, as the root user, typed

  rpm -Uvh linuxconf*1.16r4-1.i386.rpm

and saw the ####'s for each of the two modules. After updating, I typed
linuxconf at the command line and it brought up "Linuxconf 1.16 (subrev 3)"
in the title area.  I tried the same with the web version and it displayed
"Linuxconf 1.16r3" in the title bar.

I thought I might need to restart Linuxconf. On the web version I went to
Control panel | Restart linuxconf. But that did not change the version
number.

Do I need to reboot the machine?  Is there a command I am missing?

Thank you.  --  Justin Kuo, the new Linux user

ps.  I tried the "Linuxconf Mailing List" <linuxconf at XC.Org> w/o success.

---------- Race Walking ONLINE at http://www.racewalk.com ----------
   Reply to Justin Kuo jkuo at usatfne.org or jkuo at meditech.com
     home 617-731-9889  FAX 786-513-8170  work 781-774-5410
--- Call the N.E.W. Hotline 781-433-7142 for latest RW schedules ---

-