Linux on a Lap top

Niall Kavanagh NKavanagh at psgroup.com
Sat Oct 23 00:34:13 EDT 1999

 I ran (lost the laptop when I changed jobs! ;( ) Linux on a Dell Latitude.
No problems at all. I even managed to get a token ring card working under
the damn thing. ;) Didn't think it would work.

Everything else worked great, except for X. Since I had a NeoMagic chipset I
had to download another x server from somewhere. I *think* this has been
resolved already with the more recent distros having a newer version of
XFree that supports the Neomagic chipset.

Great laptop. If I get one of my own it'll be a Latitude or a VAIO.

--
Niall