Mail pager (fwd)

Mark Donnelly gimli at offcenter.org
Wed Oct 20 16:32:22 EDT 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, John Abreau wrote:

> in using berkely Mail on ultrix and irix in years gone by, i was always

Is this just plain mail(1)?  I hope so...

> i tried setting PAGER in .mailrc but that didn't help.  have i missed
> something i should have known?

Have you tried this environment variable?
(from the man page)
     crt           The valued option crt is used as a threshold to determine
                   how long a message must be before PAGER is used to read it.
                   If crt is set without a value, then the height of the ter-
                   minal screen stored in the system is used to compute the
                   threshold (see stty(1)).

Try setting crt to no value and see if you get more or less.

HTH,
--Mark

-