which ink-jet printers is Ghostscript compatible with?

Derek Martin dmartin at LanCity.COM
Tue Oct 19 15:54:53 EDT 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Seth Gordon wrote:

> If nobody knows the answer to that question ... does anyone know where
> I can get a decent refurbished HP DeskJet 500C, 550C, or 560C?

HP's printers all use a standard language called PCL... newer models may
have newer PCL, but to the best of my knowledge they always include the
features of older versions to maintain backwards compatibility.  If you
buy a newer desk jet you will probably be able to use it with the older
deskjet drivers... I have a 660C and it works fine.