ppp & mail

Brian Conway dogbert at clue4all.net
Thu Oct 14 09:54:50 EDT 1999

>      I would like to send my mail from my machine, but through my school
>      account.  I hear people in Mac and Windows world do this all the time
>      with Outlook and Eudora, etc.  I like Pine.  Can I send my mail back
>      through my mail server at school, so I become
>      pfarrar at lynx.dac.neu.edu, instead of pfarrar at box ?

What I might suggest is rather than using your mail server at school (as
it might not like being used as a relay depending on your location),
just send mail out directly from your box and change your return address
in the pine settings to reflect what you want.  You'd have to change
your pine settings regardless of which way you did this, but I'd suggest
leaving the smtp server setting as localhost just to make things flow
smoother.

Brian Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net

                -- Henry Spencer