ppp & mail

pfarrar at learningco.com pfarrar at learningco.com
Thu Oct 14 09:06:04 EDT 1999

     So I'm very proud of myself.  I finally took the time to set up PPP.
     After reading every document I could find, I ran ppp-setup (Slackware
     4.0) and it took care of everything.

     Now I can get my mail from school with fetchmail.  Very straight
     forward.  I type fetchmail and the name of the mail server and like
     magic, my mail comes into my machine.

     Sending mail, however, is not so smooth.  Mail leaves my box with the
     machine name and no domaine.

     I would like to send my mail from my machine, but through my school
     account.  I hear people in Mac and Windows world do this all the time
     with Outlook and Eudora, etc.  I like Pine.  Can I send my mail back
     through my mail server at school, so I become
     pfarrar at lynx.dac.neu.edu, instead of pfarrar at box ?

     Thank you,
     Peter
-