Help with Linux!

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Oct 12 19:54:43 EDT 1999

"Pijus Virketis" <virketis at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Same goes for my monitor settings (I need to increase the resolution). I guess I could reinstall, but
Your monitor settings are part of your X11 configuration.
There is a file:/etc/XF86Config that has these settings.

On RH there are 2 programs that you can use to change the settings and regenerate this file:
/usr/bin/X11/xf86config - This is supplied with with xfree86

/usr/bin/X11/XF86Setup - This is also supplied with with xfree86

/usr/bin/X11/Xconfigurator - This is supplied by Red Hat, and was probably the one you used during installation.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-