Files and Directories ownership for Qmail

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Sun Oct 10 11:00:14 EDT 1999

This is my 3rd attempt at installing and getting to qmail to work.
I was distracted with different work during the previous 2 attempts,

When I execute the command at #9 in the INSTALL, the "rc" script
exits immediately.  I am doing this as root.

When I list the contents of /var/qmail directory, all the directories ownership
is under ROOT:QMAIL.

Is this the way the file ownership should be?

How do I troubleshoot the installation process itself?
I don't know if this helps, but I am installing this on Slackware 4.0 with kernel 2.2.12.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/