Bttv & Mailing lists

Christoph Doerbeck A242369 cdoerbec at cso.fmr.com
Thu Oct 7 09:36:17 EDT 1999

Brad Noyes wrote:

> My Question,
> I have a TV card. I use BTTV (not the drives compiled into the kernel). I get
> a picture fine, but no sound. Are the BTTV drivers supposed to have sound or
> are the drivers just to get the picture and the sound from the TV card is
> another driver? Has anyone had this problem? I was unsuccessful in find
> information on the BTTV web site.

It depends on the type of TV card you have.  I have a Hauppaug WinTV401
(I think) with stereo TV & AM/FM radio.  This card card a audio chip built in,
but still requires that you cable the audio output into the AUX input of
you sound card (unless you cable it directly to you speakers).  I have a
diagram of how my stuff is cabled @ http://www.linuxsoup.com/docs/v4l.html

If you specify which TV card/model you have perhaps I can give you more
specific help.  Also, have you tried the V4L mailing archive?

Here are some links:

http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/v4l.shtml
http://odin.appliedtheory.com

- Christoph