DAT Tape drive reliability

Mark Donnelly gimli at offcenter.org
Tue Oct 5 11:20:39 EDT 1999

FWIW:

I've heard of a new (to me) technology called AIT.  It's supposed to be
cheaper than DLT, more reliable, fast, and slice its own bread.

Anyway, I've never used it; I've only heard about it.  A real quick
search online came up with http://www.aittape.com for more information,
including links to vendors' offerings.

Oh, BTW, I just subscribed to the regular list rather than the digest
list, so if anyone has been kind enough to offer me a ride and I missed
it, please e-mail me directly.

Thanks!
--Mark Donnelly

-