(Fwd) possible solution for display res. problem

Jerry Feldman gaf at mediaone.net
Wed Sep 23 16:02:37 EDT 1998

Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:           	"Robert S. Mela" <rmela at shore.net>
To:             	gaf at mediaone.net
Subject:        	possible solution for display res. problem

I remember someone at the last meeting was having
problems with getting 1024 x 768 on their video card,
and that without turning off the virtual desktop, all
windows open to larger than the screen size.

There's two solutions:

1) Turn off the virtua desktop
2) Start X in maximum resolution (probably the best solution)

Along the lines of #2...

I don't know if this can diagnose and/or fix the problem, but
a company called Scitech has ported their Display Doctor to Linux.

It might be worth a look:

 http://www.scitechsoft.com/sdd_linux.html