and we have another winner!

Christoph Doerbeck doerbeck at dma.isg.mot.com
Tue Sep 22 10:20:47 EDT 1998

It's the cheapy Huappaug WinTV model 404 ($79 at Circuit City).  I'll
be writting up a little FAQ and stuff it on my web site within the next
week...

But to summarize:

	+ RedHat 4.2
	+ Had to upgrade kernel to 2.0.35
		new kernel broke aic7xxx modules for Adaptec 2490
	+ Had to patch kernel with latest aix7xxx module source
	+ build kernel / modules / install

	+ build bttv
	+ build xawtv

	+ waste 3 freakin days trouble shooting what turns out
	to be a PnP problem (Plug and Play) ARGH! @@!*$%!

	+ my setup still isn't simple enough to have the wife run it,
	but I'll iron out the details in the next week.

Results:

	TV works (some small hickups remain)

	Composite video input doesn't work but I think I know why. I
	outght to have it fixed in the next day or two...

> Oh, we need more details than this.  What type of video card and tuner
> card?
>
> scott
>
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Christoph Doerbeck wrote:
>

> > HOO! HOO! YIPPEE! HURRAY!
> >
> > I got Video 4 Linux working!!!  My TV card!  Linux!  WORKS!!!

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org