Harvard Computer Society, Thursday, Tim O'Reilly (fwd)

John Abreau jabr at tarnhelm.blu.org
Wed Sep 16 11:37:06 EDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:09:17 -0400
From: David Mitby <dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu>
To: swe-exec at mit.edu, ieee at mit.edu, jabr at blu.org, mcooley at nethorizons.com,
    lisanti at mit.edu, dwechsler at association.org, Nahantbrad at aol.com,
    daniel.jacobs at acm.org, sudha at web-net.org, jeff at astron.mit.edu
Subject: Guest Speaker -- Tim O'Reilly

Hello!  My name is David Mitby, and I am the Director of Speakers for the
Harvard Computer Society (HCS).  The HCS is bringing in Tim O'Reilly to
speak this Thursday.  We invite all students to attend (including other
colleges), so I thought that some members of your MIT-based group might be
interested in seeing him.  If you agree, please send the following message
to your mailing list:  Thanks!

>Subject: Guest Speaker: Tim O'Reilly

Thursday, September 17th at 7:00 PM, at Harvard in Pierce Hall 209 (enter
by the Cruft lab door).  (Pierce is a building behind the Science Center...
e-mail dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu for directions).

That's right -- Tim O'Reilly is coming to speak at Harvard.  He's the guy
behind all those best-selling computer books with the little animals on the
covers.  Tim graduated from Harvard in 1975 and founded O'Reilly and
Associates in 1978.  Originally a technical writing consulting company,
O'Reilly is now the number one publisher of computer-related books (in
fact, it was at an *MIT* X Conference in 1988 that Tim realized that there
was a huge market for standalone books!).  Visit the company website at
http://www.oreilly.com

Don't miss this exciting opportunity to see Tim O'Reilly!  All are welcome.

Hope to see you Thursday!

David Mitby
dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu
Director of Speakers and Alumni Outreach
Harvard Computer Society

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org