BSDI vs. LINUX binary format?

Rodney Thayer rodney at sabletech.com
Tue Aug 8 11:15:31 EDT 1995

anybody know the difference between the binary format for BSDI and LINUX?  I
mean, if I find a program "available for BSDI", what's to stop me from using
it on LINUX?  Are the binary files incompatible?

                       Rodney Thayer           ::    rodney at sabletech.com
                       Sable Technology Corp   ::         +1 617 332 7292
                       246 Walnut St           ::    Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                       Newton MA 02160 USA     ::    PGP:    request sig.
                              "Developers of communications software"